Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Ten PHOTO from Goodreads
     Today I am going to be talking about Ten by Gretchen McNeil. The story is that ten teenagers have gone to an island on a three day weekend to have an epic party...or so they think. Mysterious things begin to happen at dinner including finding a homemade dvd with the words, "Vengeance is mine". Slowly one by one they die in "accidents".  Meg soon come to her senses and realizes that they are intentionally being killed. By that time, someone (or something) has turned out the power and cut them off from the rest of the world. Alone. On an island. With a killer. In a dangerous storm. Will they survive the three days until the next ferry comes? 
    I would give this book 5 stars (or should I say ten stars!...I know not funny). From the very beginning when Meg and Minnie got of the ferry onto Henry Island, the frightening occurrences began. McNeil really pulls you in the story and you feel like you are on the island just like the ten teenagers, just waiting for the killer to strike again and another ominous blood red slash to be painted onto the wall. You may know that I am a fan of horror books like this although I hate actually being scared. I just think that horror books have the most interesting plots and I must say that Ten is one of my favorite in this category. I actually had to read it with my door open (which is rare) because I knew that if it was closed I would have to take breaks after the freaky parts and watch funny Youtube videos more often. The ending was really great to tie the story together and actually surprised me quite a bit.
    Anyway, comment with your opinions on this book and if you know any similar books let me know also!

No comments:

Post a Comment